Today in This Article We will Discuss about Core Competencies Meaning , Example of Core Competencies and Resume Of Core Competencies.
Ace the Race of Corporate Space
The corporate world is a human’s most testing arena of ethics, his abilities, and pragmatic understanding of the world. The corporate space is always a challenging boxing ring with individuals waiting for your knock to acquire your place. The jobs are few with the numbers of candidates daily rising to height anew. The scenario is such that without a few aces up your sleeve, the hand is lost before the cards are drawn. There is always a need for being ‘someone in a crowd rather than ‘anyone.
The ground is yours to take and set it on blaze only if you can prove your mettle. All the job vacancies are peering across crowds for someone who can be more giving in nature than taking. If you expect one-way gains in the corporate world, you are probably an amateur, the space is owned by people who bring their talents to the table rather than who just take the cash off the table. Your abilities are valued if they are unique to your kin. The bottom line stays unchanged, if you step into the corporate world, it will extract more from you than it would bestow on you, of course, that only will happen if you manage to nail the job in the first place.
Impact of Pandemic:
The pandemic has hit all the sectors almost with a thunder smack, but the brunt has been faced by the corporate world. The financial instabilities that have popped up have left an uncountable number of firms in bankruptcy and the rest on the verge of it. The corporate world has suddenly changed into the climax of a horror movie, the cinema is nerve-racking for business owners and nightmarish for job applicants. Such a situation makes you liable to ask core competencies meaning ? What are the few examples of core competencies? What looks like a suitable core competencies resume? We’ll get into all these questions in the latter half.
With the firms traversing the balance sheets in a snail-like manner, the layoffs and salary cuts have become far too often and far too probable. In a theatric maze, applicants are left searching for the appropriate jobs with handsome pay, the latter of which has almost vanished. But, given the unemployment peaks that the world has reached, people are accepting offers at marginal incomes, for any job is better than none of them.
The competition in such scenarios has given rise to a rat race for jobs, which eventually means an enraged battle of qualifications and skills. We are nearing now towards the answer for, what are core competencies? The skillset of an aspirant applying for a job often suits the requirement, but given the increase in the competitive index, the firms have placed additional speedbumps to segregate the tigers amidst the goats. Your task at hand now becomes to excel at anything and everything they might need to pluck you out of the crowd and into a chambered office space.
The big picture now, what are core competencies? The term in itself arouses a competitive breathing space, and speaking of the intensity of the competition, the winner takes it all. The term in the business world translates into, a set of distinctive qualities that shape the superiority of a firm strategically. The easier explanation is, having a trump card to outweigh the opponents in the marketing scenario. The core competencies are typically what a firm visualizes in its appropriate choice of a candidate for a job. The more you fit in the mold the better are your chances to end the queue behind you, waiting for their chance to carve in the position.
The term was coined by the economic sector’s blazing pair, C.K. Prahalad and Gary Hamel. The term was scraped to the final layer in their co-authored book, “Core Competence of the Corporation”. The geniuses laid the foundation and formed the robust answer of what are core competencies? One that the modern economic and management world is aware of in the present world and will do so unaltered for centuries to come. The term is an important aspect in the management world and officially theorizes into, “a harmonized combination of multiple resources and skills that distinguish a firm in the marketplace”.
The term in the modern scenario has translated more into a qualification than a theory, core competency can be revolutionized and defined as a skillset that an aspirant who wants to be a corporate world employee should inculcate in himself to build in himself a persona that the selectors of a large firm are attracted to and core competencies resume that suits the job profile. Thus, core competency has fallen from the business firm level to the job seeker’s realm for the design of a core competencies resume. It now befalls upon every individual aspirant of a corporate job to be aware of what our core competencies?
A realm deeper in the description of C.K. Prahalad and Gary Hamel’s authored book reveals their criteria for a normal business quality to qualify as a core competency for the business. Thus, these criterion’s fit in all the examples of core competencies.
- The activity must be valued in terms of consumer benefits, in other words, yield profit to the consumer.
- The activity must give a hard time to your competitive counterparts in their efforts to replicate it.
- And finally, a quality only surfaces if it is unique in a crowd.
A core competency must provide the firm with a versatile nature of itself to be applied in all ventures of the company. A company operates on sponsors, advertises its products, and competes with its counterparts for a distinctive image in the market. A core competency must be such that it benefits the firm in all the above aspects, only then can a company focus on that core competency to select the job seekers and reject those who lack it.
A core competency must be inherent and shouldn’t be copied even if it can be, this is so because only an innate quality can adjust to an erratic market and improvise itself to required versions in tough times. Such times demand people with core competencies resume. Take for example the case of a product that a company rolls out in the market, with a patent of course, but what when the patent expires? The market will be crammed with replicas of the product and soon the shine of the mother company’s innovation will fade. These scenarios demand flexible and everlasting core competencies that can help you stay afloat in the market. Now that we know what are core competencies, we’ll proceed to the examples of core competencies.
Main Objectives For Accounting
Trading Account : Format for Trading Account
Sundry Creditors and Sundry Debtors Meaning with Example
Core Competencies Example
Core competencies do not have a fixed type or a fixed number. They may vary from business to business and new core competencies arise according to the needs of the corporate world every day. Some important and common examples of core competencies can be listed as:
- Physical Assets – An asset is an important aspect of the business scenario, and its benefits are irreplaceable. Assets can be physical or superficial, the physical assets are a company’s biggest advantage, as they provide a greater bend strength to the company. The load-bearing capacity of a firm also rises on account of a greater number of physical assets.
- Analytical Skills – The solution to a problem is only achieved, once the problem is duly understood. The analytical skill set that a company harbors in itself in the face of analytically excelling employees provides it an edge to dive deep into the cause of the complication fed to them by a client and thus yield better results than the company’s counterparts would in a similar picture. Analytics is the crown of examples of core competencies in the consulting business.
- Mindful Thinking – Mindful thinking is a qualitative core competency and cannot be put in numbers as its assets can be. But it is perhaps the core competency that is of prime superiority in the market, the presence of mind in an individual, and a group of such individuals is what makes a firm robust and reliant. This is one of those examples of core competencies that often people ignore.
- Soft Skills – One strand of a company’s vibrant fabric is its communication skills. The quality can be attributed to a set of employees that are usually faced with clients of differing degrees of attitude; maintaining a resolve in communication and molding the essence of words in a manner to suit the company’s side is what those employees are trusted with.
- Leadership – A core competency that in itself a leader of the pack behind. The calmer and more determined a person is, the more leadership skills he is supposed to have. Now we proceed into building core competencies resume.
Core Competencies Resume
A suitable resume is subject to the job profile and varies highly with the variation in the sectors. Therefore, core competencies resume harbor in it a skill set that would benefit the firm in the discussion. A proper core competencies resume is an ace up your sleeve against competitors for the same job.
In the article, we laid out the foundation of core competencies, from official sources and answered questions about them, such as what are core competencies? What are some of the examples of core competencies? And finally entered into shaping core competencies resume.
Also Read :
What is Working Capital : Example, Importance, And Concept
What is Cheque ? Types, Importance, Component of Cheque ?
What are Current Assets ? Formula and Example for Current Assets ?
6 thoughts on “Core Competencies : Example and Resume of Core Competencies”
Pingback: What is Cheque ? Types | Importance | Components of Cheque ?
Pingback: What are Current Assets | Formula & Example for Current Assets ?
Pingback: Technique of Controlling : Types, Process, Principles
Pingback: What is Guerrilla Marketing ? Example and Types of Guerrilla Marketing
Pingback: Main Objectives For Accounting - Exactend
Pingback: Define Working Capital : Example, Importance, Concept